General car rental and Assurance Conditions
DRIVING LICENSE AND AGE RESTRICTIONS:
- The Economic group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 1 year. People who are between the ages of 19-21 and have a driving license for 1 year can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Comfort group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 23 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 2 years. People who are between the ages of 21-23 and have a driving license for 2 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Prestige group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 25 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 2 years. People who are between the ages of 23-25 and have a driving license for 2 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Premium group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 27 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 3 years. People who are between the ages of 25-27 and have a driving license for 3 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- In order to rent a Luxury segment vehicle, it is necessary to be at least 27 years old and have a 3 year driver's license. It is not possible to rent a luxury group by purchasing the young driver additional product.
- In order to rent a Van segment vehicle, it is necessary to be at least 25 years old and have a 2 year driver's license. It is not possible to rent a van group by purchasing the young driver additional product.
|Young Driver applicable age range
|Young Driver applicable driver’s license limit
|Age Between 19-21
|Min. 1 Year
|Age Between 21-23
|Min. 2 Years
|Age Between 23-25
|Min. 2 Years
|Age Between 25-27
|Min. 3 Years
|Min 3 Years
|Min. 2 Years
The minimum car rental period is 24 hours for daily rental and 30 days for monthly rental.
POINTS INCLUDED AND NOT INCLUDED IN PRICES:
Unlimited mileage, Damage Liability Assurance, Theft Assurance and 20% VAT are included in the prices of daily car rental services. Fuel, Personal Accident Assurance, Small Damage Coverage, Voluntary Liability Assurance, One-Way Charge, Delivery/Receipt Fees (between 0-26 km) according to the availability of vehicle, Baby Seat, Navigation, Additional Driver and Bridge and Highway Crossing Device / Card Usage Fees will be calculated separately. Delivery of the car to the customer is done with full tank of gasoline. The fuel price difference will be collected along with the service fee if the vehicle is returned with missing fuel or empty tank. In monthly rental services, on the other hand, the mileage is limited to about 3,000 km. Mileage excess fees vary based on the group of the vehicle. You can get detailed information from our reservation center or our offices.
|AWD Discount Rate
*Excess kilometers fees excluded VAT.
ONE-WAY FEES :
When a vehicle is taken in a city and returned in another city, a one-way fee predetermined by Avis is charged. The price information varies based on the offices and you can get detailed information by calling our Reservation Center.
ADDITIONAL DRIVER SERVICE :
In order to ensure that the vehicle can be driven by an individual and/or individuals other than the person who rents the vehicle, it is possible to add this to the rental contract with an additional fee, providing the Driver’s License information of the additional driver. The additional driver must come to our offices with the main driver and sign the relevant contract. In case of an accident by a driver and/or drivers not included in the rental contract, all the assurances will be deemed invalid and both the person who rented the vehicle and the person/persons who drove the vehicle will be separately and jointly held responsible. For price and detailed information you can call our Reservation Center. (Additional driver rental conditions are same as those in the Driving License and Age Restriction)
VEHICLE DELIVERY AND RECEIPT SERVICES:
In the cities and counties where the AVIS offices are located, on the condition that it is within the county municipal boundaries, the delivery and receipt of the vehicle to/from customers, depending on the office availability, will be free of charge (up to 0-26 km). However, in the cities and counties where the AVIS offices are not located, an additional fee is applied for the delivery/receipt services. You can call our Reservation Center or Sales Offices for more information.
The reserved vehicle will be delivered to you, checking your credit limits (credibility, credit score) in our offices. In prepaid reservations, if your credit limit is not deemed appropriate, the vehicle rental fee will be returned to you in 7-14 days. Credit limit checks will be performed in our offices, giving you information.
VEHICLE RETURN TIME:
In case of delays in returning the vehicles, the option is only applied up to 59 minutes.
TERMS OF PAYMENT :
Total rental amount and security deposits will be collected in the beginning of the rental through the credit card of the person renting the vehicle, who is renting the vehicle, on which his/her name, surname and credit card number are displayed. For the C,E,P,L and K group of vehicles, it is required to submit one credit cards. Any difference in the invoice amount that may occur at the end of the lease, on the other hand, will be collected or returned, using the same credit card. The credit card holder must be present in person during the rental. The vehicle rental cannot be processed with a credit card belonging to someone else. In addition to the rental fee, a certain amount of deposit, depending of the brand and model of the vehicle, will be collected from the credit card submitted by the customer. Therefore, credit availability of the credit card (as much as total of rental and deposit fee) is required. The amount collected as deposit will be returned to the same credit card at the end of the rental after deducting the amounts not included in the reservation, if any, such as the above mentioned additional services, assurances, missing fuel, damages, fines etc.
The deposit refunds are reflected to your credit card within 1-10 business days, depending on the internal communication process of the bank.
PREPAID (ONLINE) RESERVATION CONDITIONS :
Online reservation page; whether or not a reservation is confirmed, it does not replace a vehicle rental agreement. The AVIS General Rental Conditions will apply for the rentals to take place. The rental will be processed for the person whose name is stated in the Prepaid Reservation Form details. For a prepaid reservation that is made on the Internet, a rental contract is not issued and no procedure is carried out without the presence of the card and the card holder in the office. There is no cash payment or Virtual Card application. The rental agreement is issued during the rental process and executed according to the laws and applications of the country where the rental takes place. AVIS will give a full refund of the amount paid by the customer previously, if it cannot provide the rental service due to reasons attributable to it. The AVIS Prepaid Reservations Forms, indicating the prepaid amount, will only account for the amount written on the reservation form for the reservations for which prepayments were made in the rentals processed in the AVIS rental locations. They do not include additional services and assurances and fuel, one-way etc. fees that a customer may demand in the beginning or during the process of the rental. For other services, assurances, expenses or traffic fines and damage costs (in case of fulfillment of the conditions described in the section with respect to the things needed to be done in case of accident and theft) that the amount written in the Prepaid Reservation Forms does not include, it is necessary for our customer to submit his/her credit card during the time of rental. A deposit that varies according to the group of the vehicle to be rented will be collected from the credit card submitted by the customer. For this reason, the credit card must have credit availability for the amounts mentioned above beside the rental price. The amount collected as deposit will be returned to the same credit card at the end of the rental after deducting the amounts not included in the reservation, if any, such as the above mentioned additional services, assurances, missing fuel, damages, fines etc. The Prepaid Reservation Form is valid only for the date range and the amount specified in the form. The rental agreements for the AVIS Prepaid Reservations will be quoted and invoiced based on the daily price specified in the reservation form and the AVIS website. During the reflection of payments to the credit cards of our customers, any commissions, exchange differences, service charges etc. that may be applied for any reason by the banks as the issuer of the credit card are beyond the responsibility of the AVIS commercial brand.
Reservation Cancellation, Refund, Reservation Change, Administrative Fees, Unused Days and Rental Extension:
Due to 3D security rules, it is not obligatory for the cardholder and reservation owner to be the same person during online payment. However during the rental process at the rental office, the reservation owner must be able to present a credit card on his own (name, surname and credit card number must be written on the credit card) in order to pay deposit. In addition, reservastion owner who will be the main driver must present his driver's license to the rental office. Users with a foreign driver's license must present their passport/country entry stamp to the office where they will be renting.
ONLINE PREPAID (INSTANT PAY) BOOKING AND RENTALS
- Online Prepayment/Instant Pay shall mean that you can pay the rental fee and the fee of the additional services you choose immediately online. Online booking page shall not substitute car rental agreement regardless of whether the booking has been confirmed. Rental shall be performed in the name of the person specified in the Prepaid Booking Form details.
Pursuant to 3D security, the cardholder who pays online and the booking holder do not have to be the same person, and the booking holder should definitely submit one of his/her credit cards during the rental and down payment procedure should be performed using such card.
In the event that Avis fails to provide the rental services due to reasons attributable to itself, it shall fully refund the amount paid by the customer in advance. In case of rentals to be made from Avis rental offices, the sum of the prepaid bookings shall be limited to the amount set forth in Avis Prepaid Booking Forms.
Avis Prepaid Booking forms do not include the fees of additional services that may be requested by our customers at the beginning of, or during, the rental and the securities, as well as the costs of fuel, one-way fees, traffic fines and damages (cases where the conditions described in the section of what should be done in case of accidents and theft specified in the rental agreement are not met), etc. Our customer should submit one of his/her personal credit cards during the rental for such amounts.
All kinds of commissions, foreign currency losses, service fees, etc. that may be charged by the bank of the relevant credit card during the charging of the payments to our customers' credit card for any reason whatsoever shall not be under the responsibility of Avis.
In the event that Avis fails to provide the rental services due to reasons attributable to itself, it shall fully refund the amount paid by the customer in advance.
The amount of Avis Prepaid Booking shall include the car rental fee and the cost of the additional services you purchased during the booking. A personal credit card should be submitted for the additional services you will purchase from the office at the beginning of the rental and potential extra costs (fuel, traffic fines, one-way fees, and cases where the conditions described in the section of what should be done in case of accidents and theft specified in the rental agreement are not met, etc.).
The rental conditions for prepaid booking are provided below:
- The rental day, hour, vehicle information and rental office may not be updated or altered in case of prepaid booking.
- The car rental fee for the prepaid booking and the total amount of the additional product and security packages you choose shall be collected during the booking.
- The discount provided due to prepaid booking may not be combined with another campaign.
- In case of a prepaid rental, the additional amount to arise if the rental period exceeds the period set forth in the booking form shall be collected from the credit card originally submitted by our customer, and the cost of extended period shall be collected with a 20% discount.
- In case of prepaid booking, if the vehicle is returned earlier than the return day set forth in the booking, the cost of the days not used by our customers shall not be refunded.
- If the booking is cancelled 24 hours in advance before the car pick up hours in case of prepaid booking, the rental fee shall be refunded by Avis in full.
- If there is a period less than 24 hours until the rental starting hours in case of prepaid booking, the following conditions shall apply:
- 1-day deduction shall be made in case of a booking for 1-3 days.
- 2-day deduction shall be made in case of a booking for 4-7 days.
- A 20% deduction shall be made in case of a booking for 8 days or more.
- In case of prepaid booking, vehicles of our customers shall be kept waiting for 2 hours starting from the vehicle pick-up hours, and our customers shall be entitled to take delivery of their vehicles during these two hours. The system shall automatically cancel the booking 2 hours later, and no fee refunds shall be made.
- The term of the refund process in case of Prepaid Booking varies from 3 to 5 days depending on the transaction volume of the relevant bank.
- The General Rental Conditions and the following conditions should be met in order for the vehicles to be delivered to our customers in case of Prepaid Booking. No vehicles shall be allocated if the following conditions are not met, and the foregoing refund conditions shall apply.
- The mode of payment for the down payment shall be personal credit card, and no cash payment or debit card option is available for such payment.
- The amount of the down payment changing according to the rental type and vehicle group should be paid with a personal credit card. The credit card should specify the name, last name and credit card number of the person to perform the rental.
- The credit card should have sufficient funds available for the down payment to be charged to the credit card in addition to the rental fee.
- The person to take delivery of the vehicle should submit his/her driving license and credit card to Avis office.
- At least two credit cards of different banks should be submitted for the medium- and high-segment rentals.
- The driving licenses should be legible and not have been worn out.
- If no Turkish ID No. is specified in the driving license, Turkish ID card should be submitted.
- The users holding a foreign driving license should submit their passport/country entry stamp to the office to perform the rental.
RESERVATION CHANGE :
No changes can be made on a prepaid reservation. If you want a reservation change, you need to cancel the reservation and the cancellation – refund terms stated above apply. After cancelling the reservation, a new prepaid reservation can be made according to the required changes.
After the rental period starts, no refund is made for the unused days in case the vehicle is returned earlier than the date stated in the reservation form. If the customer does not pick up the vehicle on the date and hour stated in the reservation form although a prepaid reservation was made, the collected prepaid amount is not refunded.
For a vehicle rental made through a prepaid reservation, if the rental period exceeds the end date stated in the reservation form, the additional rental fee that occurs as the rental contract is extended will be collected from the credit card initially submitted by our customer, based on the current AVIS Price List at the date of extension.
The explanation about our assurances is given below. Descriptions are for general and informational purposes only. Budget reserves the right to change this information over time. The guarantees included in your reservation are included in the price offer and/or reservation confirmation.
You can buy the assurances that are not included in your prices from our sales offices at the beginning of the rental. You can also get detailed information about the current limits from our sales offices.
Supplementary Liability Coverage: Within the scope of traffic insurance, you can increase the damage limit for third parties up to 1 million TL with this assurance.
Super Mini Coverage: It provides the customer with repair coverage of up to TRY 4,500 upon statement for cases where the damage is caused by the customer and it is not possible to issue a report or write an accident report.
Mini Coverage: It provides the customer with repair coverage of up to TRY 2,500 upon statement for cases where the damage is caused by the customer and it is not possible to issue a report or write an accident report.
Personal Accident Coverage: Depending on the number of seats in the vehicle, the driver and passengers are insured for up to TRY 25,000 per person during the rental period. Provides accidental death or permanent injury benefits to the customer. It does not cover hospital costs.
Wheel, Windscreen, Headlight & Taillight and Side Mirror Coverage: It covers the repair of the vehicle's headlights, windscreen, side mirrors and taillights upon the driver’s valid written statement, without a police/gendarmerie report or accident report in case that the windscreen - headlight & taillight - side mirrors are damaged due to incidents other than accidents. This product does not cover bodywork damage.
RENTING WITH A FOREIGN DRIVING LICENSE
- Turkish citizens to perform a rental acknowledge and agree that they can drive a car in our country with their driving license they have obtained from foreign countries only under the following terms and conditions:
- Vehicles may be used for maximum 1 year with driving licenses obtained from foreign countries starting from the date of entry into our country.
- Those who have stayed in our country for more than six months shall be obliged to keep with them the Turkish translation of the driving licenses certified by foreign missions or a notary public while driving.
- In order to drive in our country upon the expiry of one-year period, the driving licenses obtained from foreign countries should be replaced with a driving license of our country.
- Citizens of a foreign country to perform a rental acknowledge and agree that they can drive a car in our country with their driving license they have obtained from foreign countries under the following terms and conditions:
- Vehicles may be used for maximum six months with driving licenses obtained from foreign countries starting from the date of entry into our country.
- In order to drive in our country upon the expiry of six-month period, the driving licenses obtained from foreign countries should be replaced with a driving license of our country.
- In case of foreign driving licenses, car rental is possible only if the date of issue of the driving license and the customer's name are written in Latin alphabet and they are both legible. If they are not written in Latin alphabet, a notarized translation should be provided.
- Application may be filed with any traffic registration authority.
- Information and documents that should be submitted during the application shall be determined by the Police Department.
- For those to obtain a driver's license, the conditions of not having a criminal conviction on their record and conditions related to age, education and health set forth in Article 41 of the Law No. 2918 shall be sought except the training and examination conditions specified in the same article. However, without prejudice to the provisions of bilateral or multilateral agreements and applications, the written declaration stating that the required conditions are met shall be taken as the basis for foreigners who are subject to diplomatic exemption.
- When necessary, an examination and investigation may be performed through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or our foreign missions about the accuracy of the driving certificate.
- Foreign driving certificates obtained for a temporary period may not be replaced.
- Driving licenses obtained from countries that are not parties to the Convention on Road Traffic and with whom we do not have a bilateral agreement governing mutual recognition and replacement of driving licenses may not be replaced with a driving license of our country.
- Driving licenses obtained by Turkish citizens from countries that are parties to the Convention on Road Traffic may be replaced with the corresponding or equivalent driving licenses.
- Driving licenses obtained by foreigners from the countries that are parties to the Convention on Road Traffic or driving a moped, motorcycle, tractor with rubber wheels, construction equipment or cars shall be replaced with the corresponding certificates, whereas driving licenses issued for driving other types of vehicles shall be replaced with a Class B driving license of our country. However, the certificates of those who are authorized to drive these vehicles with trailer attached to it shall be replaced with a Class BE driving license of our country. If any other class driving license is requested other than the foregoing, the training and examination conditions shall also be sought.
- In order for people who have obtained a driving license from foreign countries to obtain a different class driving license in our country, they shall be obliged to convert their driving license obtained from foreign countries to the driving license of our country.
- Driving licenses obtained from foreign countries, which are replaced with driving licenses of our country, shall be sent to the relevant country.
- Action shall be taken pursuant to Article 39 of the Law No. 2918 about those driving a vehicle using their driving licenses obtained from foreign countries without meeting the conditions set forth in this article.
- To extend, report/change the return day and time of the rental, please call the sales office where you initially rent the vehicle or our Reservation center.
- In case of an accident, failure of the vehicle or any support you may need for any reason during the rental period, you should call Full Support Line with no 444 0 996.
- In case, periodic maintenance kilometer of the vehicle is due during your use, please call Full Support Line to continue your journey safely.
- If the vehicle encounters an accident UNILATERALLY or is stolen, it is obligatory, without changing the vehicle’s location, to obtain accident, theft and alcohol reports by contacting the nearest police or gendarme station. In case of BILATERAL accidents, on the other hand, the drivers are obliged to fill the Property Damage Accident Report as stated on the report, with the exception of the cases stated below, according to the type of occurrence of the accident. In bilateral accidents, a traffic accident report is arranged by the traffic police only in case of the following situations.
- If the driver drives an undocumented motor vehicle,
- If the driver is a minor,
- If the driver is suspected of alcohol use or mental illness,
- If one of the vehicles involved in the accident belongs to the public institutions,
- If damage is done to the goods belonging to the public institutions,
- If damage is done only to the properties of the 3rd parties,
- If one of the vehicles involved in the accident does not have traffic coverage ,
- If the traffic accident results in death and/or body injury.
GUARANTEES STATED ABOVE ARE GENERAL AND FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. YOU CAN GET DETAILED INFORMATION FROM OUR SALES OFFICES.