General car rental and Assurance Conditions
DRIVING LICENSE AND AGE RESTRICTIONS:
- The Economic group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 1 year. People who are between the ages of 19-21 and have a driving license for 1 year can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Comfort group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 23 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 2 years. People who are between the ages of 21-23 and have a driving license for 2 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Prestige group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 25 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 2 years. People who are between the ages of 23-25 and have a driving license for 2 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- The Premium group of cars can be rented by those who are the least 27 years old and have a valid driver’s license for 3 years. People who are between the ages of 25-27 and have a driving license for 3 years can rent a car from the economic group by paying the Young Driver fee.
- In order to rent a Luxury segment vehicle, it is necessary to be at least 27 years old and have a 3 year driver's license. It is not possible to rent a luxury group by purchasing the young driver additional product.
- In order to rent a Van segment vehicle, it is necessary to be at least 25 years old and have a 2 year driver's license. It is not possible to rent a van group by purchasing the young driver additional product.
|Age||Young Driver applicable age range||Young Driver applicable driver’s license limit|
|ECONOMIC||21||Age Between 19-21||Min. 1 Year|
|COMFORT||23||Age Between 21-23||Min. 2 Years|
|PRESTIGE||25||Age Between 23-25||Min. 2 Years|
|PREMIUM||27||Age Between 25-27||Min. 3 Years|
|LUXURY||27||-||Min 3 Years|
|VAN||25||-||Min. 2 Years|
The minimum car rental period is 24 hours for daily rental and 30 days for monthly rental.
POINTS INCLUDED AND NOT INCLUDED IN PRICES:
Unlimited mileage, Damage Liability Assurance, Theft Assurance and 18% VAT are included in the prices of daily car rental services. Fuel, Personal Accident Assurance, Small Damage Coverage, Voluntary Liability Assurance, One-Way Charge, Delivery/Receipt Fees (between 0-26 km) according to the availability of vehicle, Baby Seat, Navigation, Additional Driver and Bridge and Highway Crossing Device / Card Usage Fees will be calculated separately. Delivery of the car to the customer is done with full tank of gasoline. The fuel price difference will be collected along with the service fee if the vehicle is returned with missing fuel or empty tank. In monthly rental services, on the other hand, the mileage is limited to about 3,000 km. Mileage excess fees vary based on the group of the vehicle. You can get detailed information from our reservation center or our offices.
|AWD Discount Rate||Economic||Comfort||Prestige||Premium||Luxury||Van|
*Excess kilometers fees excluded VAT.
ONE-WAY FEES :
When a vehicle is taken in a city and returned in another city, a one-way fee predetermined by Avis is charged. The price information varies based on the offices and you can get detailed information by calling our Reservation Center.
ADDITIONAL DRIVER SERVICE :
In order to ensure that the vehicle can be driven by an individual and/or individuals other than the person who rents the vehicle, it is possible to add this to the rental contract with an additional fee, providing the Driver’s License information of the additional driver. In case of an accident by a driver and/or drivers not included in the rental contract, all the assurances will be deemed invalid and both the person who rented the vehicle and the person/persons who drove the vehicle will be separately and jointly held responsible. For price and detailed information you can call our Reservation Center. (Additional driver rental conditions are same as those in the Driving License and Age Restriction)
VEHICLE DELIVERY AND RECEIPT SERVICES:
In the cities and counties where the AVIS offices are located, on the condition that it is within the county municipal boundaries, the delivery and receipt of the vehicle to/from customers, depending on the office availability, will be free of charge (up to 0-26 km). However, in the cities and counties where the AVIS offices are not located, an additional fee is applied for the delivery/receipt services. You can call our Reservation Center or Sales Offices for more information.
The reserved vehicle will be delivered to you, checking your credit limits (credibility, credit score) in our offices. In prepaid reservations, if your credit limit is not deemed appropriate, the vehicle rental fee will be returned to you in 7-14 days. Credit limit checks will be performed in our offices, giving you information.
VEHICLE RETURN TIME:
In case of delays in returning the vehicles, the option is only applied up to 59 minutes.
TERMS OF PAYMENT :
Total rental amount and security deposits will be collected in the beginning of the rental through the credit card of the person renting the vehicle, who is renting the vehicle, on which his/her name, surname and credit card number are displayed. For the C,E,P,L and K group of vehicles, it is required to submit one credit cards. Any difference in the invoice amount that may occur at the end of the lease, on the other hand, will be collected or returned, using the same credit card. The credit card holder must be present in person during the rental. The vehicle rental cannot be processed with a credit card belonging to someone else. In addition to the rental fee, a certain amount of deposit, depending of the brand and model of the vehicle, will be collected from the credit card submitted by the customer. Therefore, credit availability of the credit card (as much as total of rental and deposit fee) is required. The amount collected as deposit will be returned to the same credit card at the end of the rental after deducting the amounts not included in the reservation, if any, such as the above mentioned additional services, assurances, missing fuel, damages, fines etc.
The deposit refunds are reflected to your credit card within 1-10 business days, depending on the internal communication process of the bank.
PREPAID (ONLINE) RESERVATION CONDITIONS :
Online reservation page; whether or not a reservation is confirmed, it does not replace a vehicle rental agreement. The AVIS General Rental Conditions will apply for the rentals to take place. The rental will be processed for the person whose name is stated in the Prepaid Reservation Form details. For a prepaid reservation that is made on the Internet, a rental contract is not issued and no procedure is carried out without the presence of the card and the card holder in the office. There is no cash payment or Virtual Card application. The rental agreement is issued during the rental process and executed according to the laws and applications of the country where the rental takes place. AVIS will give a full refund of the amount paid by the customer previously, if it cannot provide the rental service due to reasons attributable to it. The AVIS Prepaid Reservations Forms, indicating the prepaid amount, will only account for the amount written on the reservation form for the reservations for which prepayments were made in the rentals processed in the AVIS rental locations. They do not include additional services and assurances and fuel, one-way etc. fees that a customer may demand in the beginning or during the process of the rental. For other services, assurances, expenses or traffic fines and damage costs (in case of fulfillment of the conditions described in the section with respect to the things needed to be done in case of accident and theft) that the amount written in the Prepaid Reservation Forms does not include, it is necessary for our customer to submit his/her credit card during the time of rental. A deposit that varies according to the group of the vehicle to be rented will be collected from the credit card submitted by the customer. For this reason, the credit card must have credit availability for the amounts mentioned above beside the rental price. The amount collected as deposit will be returned to the same credit card at the end of the rental after deducting the amounts not included in the reservation, if any, such as the above mentioned additional services, assurances, missing fuel, damages, fines etc. The Prepaid Reservation Form is valid only for the date range and the amount specified in the form. The rental agreements for the AVIS Prepaid Reservations will be quoted and invoiced based on the daily price specified in the reservation form and the AVIS website. During the reflection of payments to the credit cards of our customers, any commissions, exchange differences, service charges etc. that may be applied for any reason by the banks as the issuer of the credit card are beyond the responsibility of the AVIS commercial brand.
Reservation Cancellation, Refund, Reservation Change, Administrative Fees, Unused Days and Rental Extension:
CANCELLATION AND REFUND TERMS:
- If you cancel your prepaid reservation during the day when you made the reservation, all your payment will be refunded to you.
- If you cancel your prepaid reservation up to 3 days before the delivery date of the vehicle to you, 125 TL will be cut from your prepayment and the remaining amount will be refunded to you.
- If you cancel your prepaid reservation 3 days or earlier before the delivery date of the vehicle to you, an average of 3 daily rate of the vehicle you rent will be cut from your prepayment and the remaining amount will be refunded to you. If your rental period is for 3 days or less, no refund can be demanded.
- If you do not cancel your prepaid reservation and do not pick up the vehicle, no refund can be demanded.
- In order to cancel a prepaid reservation, you must make a cancellation request via
RESERVATION CHANGE :
No changes can be made on a prepaid reservation. If you want a reservation change, you need to cancel the reservation and the cancellation – refund terms stated above apply. After cancelling the reservation, a new prepaid reservation can be made according to the required changes.
After the rental period starts, no refund is made for the unused days in case the vehicle is returned earlier than the date stated in the reservation form. If the customer does not pick up the vehicle on the date and hour stated in the reservation form although a prepaid reservation was made, the collected prepaid amount is not refunded.
For a vehicle rental made through a prepaid reservation, if the rental period exceeds the end date stated in the reservation form, the additional rental fee that occurs as the rental contract is extended will be collected from the credit card initially submitted by our customer, based on the current AVIS Price List at the date of extension.
AIRPORT SERVICE FEE:
- To extend, report/change the return day and time of the rental, please call the sales office where you initially rent the vehicle or our Reservation center.
- In case of an accident, failure of the vehicle or any support you may need for any reason during the rental period, you should call Full Support Line with no 444 0 996.
- In case, periodic maintenance kilometer of the vehicle is due during your use, please call Full Support Line to continue your journey safely.
- If the vehicle encounters an accident UNILATERALLY or is stolen, it is obligatory, without changing the vehicle’s location, to obtain accident, theft and alcohol reports by contacting the nearest police or gendarme station. In case of BILATERAL accidents, on the other hand, the drivers are obliged to fill the Property Damage Accident Report as stated on the report, with the exception of the cases stated below, according to the type of occurrence of the accident. In bilateral accidents, a traffic accident report is arranged by the traffic police only in case of the following situations.
- If the driver drives an undocumented motor vehicle,
- If the driver is a minor,
- If the driver is suspected of alcohol use or mental illness,
- If one of the vehicles involved in the accident belongs to the public institutions,
- If damage is done to the goods belonging to the public institutions,
- If damage is done only to the properties of the 3rd parties,
- If one of the vehicles involved in the accident does not have traffic coverage ,
- If the traffic accident results in death and/or body injury.
GUARANTEES STATED ABOVE ARE GENERAL AND FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. YOU CAN GET DETAILED INFORMATION FROM OUR SALES OFFICES.